|The Royal Family|
Today, Buckingham Palace issued a new update on the health of hospitalized Prince Philip.The 99-years old Duke of Edinburgh had a successful heart procedure for a pre-existing condition. Releasing a statement, Palace said,
The Duke of Edinburgh yesterday underwent a successful procedure for a pre-existing heart condition at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. His Royal Highness will remain in hospital for treatment, rest and recuperation for a number of days.
The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to London’s King Edward VII hospital on February 15. At that time Palace said the hospitalization was on the advise of Prince Philip’s doctor. The same weekend Prince Charles visited his father at the Hospital.
Earlier this week, The Duke of Edinburgh was transferred to NHS Hospital St Barts. At that time, the royal spokesperson said that the Duke was being treated for an infection. St Barts is a centre of excellence for heart-care with its cardiac centre being Europe’s largest specialised cardiovascular service.
“The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week” – Buckingham Palace