|The Royal Family|
Buckingham Palace has issued an updated statement about the hospitalization of 99 years old Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. The Palace spokesperson said,
Following consultation with his doctor The Duke of Edinburgh is likely to remain in hospital for observation and rest over the weekend and into next week. As we have said previously the doctor is acting with an abundance of caution.
The Duke was admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London, on Tuesday evening after suffering from some health issues that Palace said are not serious and The Duke is in “good spirits”.
Prince Philip, who was residing at the Windsor Castle with Her Majesty The Queen during the lockdown, traveled by car from Windsor Castle to the King Edward VII Hospital and walked in unaided. Palace confirmed that his illness is not related to COVID-19.